I would like to share a solution...

I had a my current date on the PC set as that of 1 year back. Later I
changed it to the correct year. After that in Eclipse for an android
project it started giving me the following error during compilation
“Error generating final archive: Debug certificate expired on ..date”
Solution
Go to “C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.android” OR  “C:\Documents
and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Android” and
delete debug.keystore file.
Recompile the proj and the error is gone !!
Thanks,
Alok.