I have an activity class that has started a service (within same
application). How do I extract the values set in the service class?

Here is the code snippet:

class MyActivity extends Activity {

    private Intent svcIntent;

        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

        svcIntent = new Intent(this, MyService.class);
        startService(svcIntent);

       setContentView(R.layout.main);

        //---Button view---
        Button btnOpen = (Button) findViewById(R.id.btnGetSvcData);
        btnOpen.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
            public void onClick(View v) {
                Parcelable loc = svcIntent.getParcelableExtra
("CURR_VALUE");
        }
}

public class MyService extends Service {

        public void onStart(Intent intent, int startId) {

                super.onStart(intent, startId);

                 intent.putExtra("CURR_VALUE", loc); // loc is
Parcelable here

}

When stepping through the debugger, the intent object in
MyService.onStart seems to be different from the intent object passed
in startService in MyActivity -- I thought they should be the same
(intent id is different). As a result, getParcelableExtra is always
null in MyActivity; although it is set in MyService.

How can MyActivity get the values set at runtime in MyService (I don't
want to persist the values in db/file).