Here is a related thread
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/0dcefbbd59ac638d

This piece of code works on a HTC device.

public class AMLRTSTPStreaming extends Activity implements

MediaPlayer.OnPreparedListener,

MediaPlayer.OnErrorListener,

MediaPlayer.OnCompletionListener{

        private static VideoView mVideoView;

    @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);
        mVideoView = (VideoView) findViewById(R.id.MainVideoView);
        mVideoView.setVideoURI(Uri.parse("rtsp://video2.americafree.tv/
AFTVHorrorH26496.sdp"));
        mVideoView.setOnPreparedListener(this);
        mVideoView.setOnErrorListener(this);
        mVideoView.setOnCompletionListener(this);

        mVideoView.setMediaController(new MediaController(this));
        mVideoView.requestFocus();

    }

        public void onPrepared(MediaPlayer mp) {
                mp.start();
        }

        public boolean onError(MediaPlayer mp, int what, int extra) {

                Toast.makeText(this, "Sorry, can't play video. Error ="+ what,
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                return false;
        }

        public void onCompletion(MediaPlayer mp) {
                Toast.makeText(this, "Done. Completed. Finito!",
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
        }
}

It works on a HTC device, but not the standard HTC Android 1.5 image.
I have a Google ION flashed with the cyanogenmod build.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=537204

For the Android 1.5 build I have the following errors
E/PlayerDriver(   35): Command PLAYER_INIT completed with an error or
info PVMFFailure
E/MediaPlayer(  538): error (1, -1)
E/MediaPlayer(  538): Error (1,-1)
D/VideoView(  538): Error: 1,-1

Does this help :) ?

Balwinder Kaur
Open Source Development Center
·T· · ·Mobile· stick together

The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the
author solely in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily
represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.