hi joe. I am also working on a simple barcode scanning app and being a
newbie i am stuck for a long time. Up to my research all people
preffer using intent for barcode scanning. I really need your little
help. How have u done using intents? I found the code using intents
but i am confused as i am working on emulator only. so how can i text
it using emulator only? how to install barcode scanning app on
emulator? and share link of .apk file if you have.

First i was working on decoding a stored barcode image but it wasnt
working so i just want to move on to finalizing it. Your help can just
solve my problem.

Well, to your issue i can come up to only one solution. If you just
take snap of the barcode image and store it in gallery and after it
your app read the latest added image from gallery and decode it. Dont
laugh if its a very childish solution :)

waiting for ur reply.
Regards,
wahib