Hi all,

I want to test which packages(packages/apps/) are necessary to run
Android on the emulator. I just try to remove GoogleSearch.apk, but
the emulator shows "The process android.process.acore has stopped
unexpectedly. Please try again."
I look at the AndroidManifest.xml file and see
"<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
 package="com.android.googlesearch"
 android:sharedUserId="android.uid.shared">
<application
 android:process="android.process.acore""

It seems this process is not started by GoogleSearch.apk. I see from
the Dev Guide that
"By default, Android creates a process for an application when the
first of its components needs to run. All components then run in that
process. The name of the default process matches the package name set
by the <manifest> element."

So, I wonder who starts this process and why this process stops only
due to GoogleSearch.apk?

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
Caixia