Intent#putExtra(key, ...)

On 9/26/09 6:15 AM, Jordan B. wrote:
Hi!

I want to show a picture using the Camera App's image viewer. Thus,
I'm using the following :

Uri pictureUri = ContentUris.withAppendedId
(Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI, id);
Intent viewPicture = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, pictureUri);
this.startActivity(viewPicture);

It works well. But once the image is being displayed, then the user
can browse through the whole set of images available on the phone. I
would like to be able to show a picture, but also limit the scope of
pictures that can be viewed (in the slideshow, and by clicking on the
next and previous buttons).

Is there an EXTRA field that can be set on the Intent so that the
ViewImage activity gets the possible set of data to browse?

If it is not possible, I thought about making my own ContentProvider,
and passing the URI of the image using this ContentProvider. The
latter will only contain the set of images that the user may browse.

Will it work with my own ContentProvider?

Thanks in advance.