According to the Dev Guide if two apps are signed by the same key and
have the same sharedUserId set in the manifest, then they should be
able to access each others data.

I cannot get this to work.  It should be possible for both apps to
access the same shared preferences via
PreferenceManager.getDefaultSharedPreferences(this), right?

Or am I missing something?  I have not had any luck in getting this to
work.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or can this just not be done?

I have also set up the two apps to run in the same process, but that
didn't make any difference.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin