Hello,
I have an application which runs a background thread which eventually
updates listeners on some incoming event.
When I'm in this listeners' code, I want to be able to either show a
Toast or a new Activity on top of the screen, regardless of what is
running in this moment - but to be able to come back to it (add on top
of the current stack, even if it's another application).
By now I didn't succeed in doing that in any way.

This is one attempt (inside my listener, which is called from a worker
thread):

                    runOnUiThread(new Runnable() {

                         public void run() {
                              Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(),
"toast", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

                         }
                    });

It shows the toast when I am in my original application, but not when
I'm in background.
I put a breakpoint on the line with the toast showing, and I know that
I get there, but it does nothing.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks ahead!