Yes - as a beginner it is especially frustrating.  Actually some of
the documentation is missing especially on the XML attributes for
shapes etc.

I think what the documentation needs is an example of how you might
use it like the PHP docs have.

So at the bottom of each class there will be a demo of how to use the
basic features.  For me this just makes the whole process of learning
and getting your head around the concepts that much easier.

I would also like to see a seperate XML section devoted to using XML
in android.

-jack