I have Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop and have installed Android 1.6
SDK R1 as noted in the instructions page

However the DDMS application doesn't seem to detect the phone
connected to the computer even though the phone has USB Debugging
switched on. Tried Mounting the SD Card and unmounting with no
success.

I plugged the phone in normally (not in debug and in debug) and the
laptop recognises the phone as Mass Storage, it just that the DDMS
application isn't.

Any solution for this?

Thank you