If you are creating applications to distrubute via the market place
then you have to use just use the documented/supported functionality
from the Android SDK.

As had been said repeatedly in these groups - if you get your code to
work today using functionality NOT supported by the SDK there is NO
guarantee that it will continue to work tomorrow.

If you need to use the platform code then you will have to build your
own device.

--
RichardC