Hello,

I have this app that's reading in an xml file into a document object.
usually with code like this.

Java:
InputStream in=openFileInput("file.xml");
DocumentBuilder builder=DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance
().newDocumentBuilder();
Document doc=builder.parse(in, null);
certainelements=doc.getElementsByTagName("elementname");

then i would make changes to the some of the element attributes. But
I'd like to save it back to a file. The snippets I've found on the net
involve some of the following packages

import javax.xml.transform.Transformer;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerException;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException;
import javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMSource;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult;
import org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer;

none of which seem to be a part of android (at least according to
eclipse)

my question is how do I save the contents of the document object back
to a file then? I'd like to save only the changes I made but I don't
mind if I overwrite the whole file. I was thinking I could output it
to a string and just use the Working with Files tutorial to save that
string back to the file, but I don't know how to do that either.

Any assistance is appreciated.