Hello,

I needed to compare jpegs generated from the camera, so imported a
minimal distribution of awt and jai ... that part compiles fine.

JPEGImageDecoderImpl.java needs to load a jpeg shared library, so I
grabbed the IJG JPEG library and built the shared library with
NDK-1.6_r1 ... that built without any problem.

I then placed libjpeg.so under libs/armeabi/ in my project (Eclipse
3.4.1, SDK 1.5) and changed JPEGImageDecoderImpl.java's:
    static {
        <my_namespace>.image.codec.security.AccessController.doPrivileged
(
                new
<my_namespace>.image.codec.security.LoadLibraryAction("jpeg"));
   }

to :
    static {
        System.loadLibrary("jpeg");
   }
according to OVERVIEW.TXT in the NDK.

Tried to run this, but see:
Caused by java.land.UnsatisfiedLinkError: initDecoder
  at <my_namespace>.image.codec.JPEGImageDecoderImpl.initDecoder
(Native Method)
  at <my_namespace>.image.codec.JPEGImageDecoderImpl.initDecoder.<init>
(JPEGImageDecoderImpl.java:133)
in logcat.

The init referenced is:
    public JPEGImageDecoderImpl(InputStream in) {
                if (in == null)
                        throw new IllegalArgumentException("InputStream is
null.");

                input = in;
***->           initDecoder( InputStreamClass );
    }

and the initDecoder method is:
    private native void initDecoder(Class inputStrClass);

Does anyone have a clue what I am missing?

Thanks!