Hello everyone, I'm new to Android (but not Java), so bear with me.

I'm trying to create a stopwatch-type UI, where a digital timer is
displayed and incrementing every second.  I started off creating a
textview and attempted to update this textview (TextView.setText())
using either the TimerTask class to update the view in a timer as well
as updating the view in the same thread, using a Thread.sleep(1000).

In either case, the view does not get updated. Obviously this doesn't
seem to be the proper way to go about updating a text view.  Any
suggestions on the proper way to notify the textview?

Thanks
Chris