Hi
I am writing a program which captures the keys pressed by user in
android and displays it in Ubuntu. According to what I read, Android's
input event device is structured around an interrupt or polling
routine that captures the device-specific scancode and converts it to
a standard form acceptable to Linux (as defined in input.h) before
passing it to the kernel with input_event(). There are the steps which
describe the translation from keyboard input to application action:
1. Window manager reads key event from Linux keyboard driver.
2. Window manager maps scancode to keycode.
3. Window manager sends both the scancode and the keycode to the
application.

Now in my application I have an EditText which returns the keycode of
any key which is pressed. So basically this is what I have:
                        public boolean onKey(View v, int keyCode, KeyEvent
event) {
                                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                                String a ="";a+=keyCode;
                                txt.setText(a);

                                return false;
                        }

Now I get this keycode value but it does not correspond to the
scancode value. For example, the keycode value for 'A' is 29 but the
scancode is 30. There is no correlation I can see between the input.h
scancodes and these keycodes either. My question is, I want to know
how step 2 (the mapping) above takes place. My applications aim is to
echo whatever I type on my android keyboard on my Ubuntu desktop (I
can connect between the 2 without a problem, so you don't have to
worry about that). Any help would be appreciated, as I have looked
online for quite a bit.