"Explains more about packages and libraries". More than what? As you
admitted, this is really a Java question, not an Android one. Almost
any source will explain more about "packages and libraries" than the
Android docs, since they assume it is understood. Or are you looking
for something that explains more than your basic Java reference --
whatever that is?

Under such circumstances, I am afraid we can only give you vague
answers here. But I hope you will find some benefit in even such a
vague answer as to refer you to the Java tutorial on Packages, namely:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/package/index.html

NB: the tutorials go on and on glowingly about Java 1.6, but you
really want 1.5 for Android. But for this tutorial, the difference is
negligible.

Finally, since this is, after all, an Android forum, please consider
learning the Android approach to communication between packages and
applications: instead of moving source code between packages and
libraries, use Intents (or a similar IPC scheme).

Really finally this time, we do not know enough about the particulars
of your situation to say what the solution should be. But it may very
well turn out that IPC is the way to go rather than moving code. You
may even decide to move some code but handle the rest with IPC.

Good luck.