> As stated in the title..

Not sure what you mean by support but ...

Sure. No problem.

My IO conference handset displays Japanese just fine.  There are input
methods such as simeji (which got good when the Japanese IME maker
open sourced it) which run well.

On the other hand, I have US numbers and Japanese number in my contact
list and I wish I could select the format for the dashes on a case by
case basis.

As for other languages, I suspect the support is there.  Getting an
IME to input a language may vary by language though.