- I have downloaded and unzipped android-sdk_r3-windows.zip onto my
system.
- I installed the ADT Plugin for Eclipse
- I ran the the Android SDK and AVD Manager.  It fails to connect
using https so I checked the "Force https://... to be fetched using
http://..."; and that appeared to work.
- I chose "SDK Platform Android 2.0, API 5, revision 1" and "Google
APIs by Google Inc., Android API 5, revision 1"
- After the download I get the following error message:

"Downloading SDK Platform Android 2.0, API 5, revision 1
Installing SDK Platform Android 2.0, API 5, revision 1
Failed to rename directory C:\Documents and Settings\rick\android-sdk-
windows\temp\PlatformPackage.new01 to C:\Documents and Settings\rick
\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-2.0
-= Warning ! =-
A folder failed to be renamed or moved. On Windows this typically
means that a program is using that folder (for example Windows
Explorer.) Please close all running programs that may be locking the
directory 'C:\Documents and Settings\rick\android-sdk-windows\temp
\PlatformPackage.new01' and try again.
Skipping 'Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 5, revision 1'; it
depends on 'SDK Platform Android 2.0, API 5, revision 1' which was not
installed.
Downloading Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 5, revision 1
Installing Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 5, revision 1
Installed Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 5, revision 1
Updated ADB to support the USB devices declared in the SDK add-ons."

Before starting the manager the temp directory is empty so I'm fairly
certain no other process is locking the directory.  Any ideas what
might be preventing the installation from succeeding?

-Rick