The API Demos also work for me, however, they're quite a large and
unorganised package. As a newbie to both Java and XML, I find tracking
down the information I need to make my own tabs in that mess quite
difficult.

Instead I have tried to use:
http://developer.android.com/guide/tutorials/views/hello-tabwidget.html
- the Android dev guide to using tabs.
It gives me the error that mTabHost will not resolve. I'm unsure how
to fix this as I still can't figure out how to create tabs. Hence why
I'm looking for a simple example about tabs.

I also tried two other sources:
http://jsharkey.org/blog/2008/02/07/using-android-tabhost/
I figure that I'm copy pasting his code into the wrong place, because
it gives all kinds of errors. Some about the XML being wrong, and more
variable will not resolve errors.

The third one I tried was about dynamic tabs, a link I found in this
site, but that one does not run.