Hi,

I am looking on the PhoneFactory.java file and I found the following
code:

                  try {
                        // use UNIX domain socket to
                        // prevent subsequent initialization
                        new LocalServerSocket
("com.android.internal.telephony");
                    } catch (java.io.IOException ex) {
                        hasException = true;
                    }

I searched through the code looking for some reference to that socket
name but I find nothing.I am not expert with domain sockets but I
found that all I need to do is open a socket connection to the socket
using the domain as reference and you are all set.

Could someone please explain me how this works and where this socket
is actually being used?

Thank you!