1. update Ubuntu
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

2. install JAVA
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
java -version
javac -version

3. install Eclipse
Ubuntu Softwar Center
Programming

4. Install Android SDK
- Download and install Android SDK at http://developer.android.com
- unzip to my home directory or other you like
- at home, edit .bashrc
eg. sudoedit .bashrc

Add the following line at the very bottom of the .bashrc file:
    export PATH=${PATH}:/home/kris/android-sdk-linux_x86-1.5_r1/tools

5. Eclipse option install
Go to System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager and search
for "eclipse"
Then mark "eclipse" for install.
This package provides the whole Eclipse SDK, along with the Java
Development Tools (JDT) and the
Plugin Development Environment (PDE).

6. Eclipse plugin
Help/Install New Software/Add Available Software
Add available software site
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo
http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.5
http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/