I am relatively new to writing Android apps, but I have done a few
small applications to get a feel for the basics.  I have noticed that
a few applications on my phone have made changes to the context menus
of other applications and I am curious as to how to do that.  For
example, Evernote beta added an "Evernote" entry in the Gallery
application "Share Via" context menu.

How is this done??

Can it be done for all types of context menus, e.g. Contacts, Events,
etc?

thanks in advance!