I've also noticed that the phone is hanging a LOT! Sometimes apps do
not respond.

G1 is the greatest piece of crap ever released. I'm really regret I
was stupid enough to buy this crap. As a phone it is good as a piece
of rock. If you can, avoid it. Use the emulator, buy a real phone. G1
Dev is a crappy piece of hardware, and an expensive one as well.

Selling mine on ebay.