I am in the process of starting a navigation app as well.  I have been
looking in to the API's as well. I do not think the premier has much
to do with it. From there web site this is what premier gives you
extra:

A robust Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Customer support
Increased geocoding limits
Commercial-grade terms and conditions
Intranet application support within the enterprise
Access to the API via a secure https connection

I have not found any navigation api's. I was hoping to find an api
that would return driving directions between 2 spots. But I found no
such api. I am thinking that it needs to be done with a combination of
accessing web pages and parsing them, the static maps api, and intents
in to the google nav app.