Hi,

Stuff like Beatmaker's sequencer isn't too hard to do, just mix
yourself internally and feed it the sound out.

Now, real time "pads", those are a bit more difficult. I've found on
android the lowest buffer delay at at least 100ms or around there, so
you always get some lag between hitting a button on screen and the
sound playing.

Check out my app, Electrum Drum Machine, it does both features, you
can get some idea of performance.

-niko