Hi,

I am new to android. I have just downloaded the latest android plug-in
for eclipse and also the latest android SDK into my c:\Program Files
directory.

The android SDK doesn’t come with the platform.

On Eclipse -> window-> preferences-> android, I cannot get the target
even after applying the ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’ button. Reason being the
platform missing.

 So I follow the instruction as on the website.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/adding-components.html

On the installing SDK component, it says to launch the ‘Android SDK
and AVD Manager’ on eclipse.
Problem is it doesn’t work on my eclipse because I think the platform
is missing.

So I try this manually using the command prompt by type just 'android'
but it still says platform missing. Somehow the ‘android manager and
avd’ needs the first platform in order for it to work.

Please advice. Thanks.