In addition to the added memory requirements, my ability to debug the
Wind River projects (C/C++) mysteriously disappeared. Only by removing
all traces of both IDEs and reinstalling the Wind River Workbench from
scratch was I able to regain that ability.

Would the readers of this think that installing the Android SDK IDE in
a completely separate location would help? More importantly, is that
even possible.