I need some advice, on designing and implementing a good coding practice for
user interface development.

This is what I am trying to acheive
UI 1
| button1 | button 2 | button 3 | button 4 |
 |              Content 1                            |

Hit button 2

UI 2
| button1 | button 2 | button 3 | button 4 |
 |              Content 2                            |

I have 2 xml files, UI1.xml and UI2.xml. Its obvious, I need to write
duplicate code for the above linear set of buttons. Can I do it all using
just xml ? Please advice.

For now, I am using TabHost Layout :). I need thoughts on xml macro's.

Siddharth