Hi,

I am trying to write a simple app for my G1 phone that runs Android
1.6. The app should be able to access and modify the Contacts list at
runtime.

I configured my android project in eclipse with API level 4 for 1.6. I
set read and write "user permissions" in the android manifest file and
I tried using the following code to commit changes to the Contacts
list in the onCreate(...) method of my Activitiy class :

public class GolfScore extends Activity {
                super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
                setContentView(R.layout.main);

               ContentValues values = new ContentValues();

                //Set NAME for new contact
                values.put(People.NAME, "John Mogambo");
                //Add contact to 'Favourites' list
                values.put(People.STARRED, "1");

                //Commit changes
                ContentResolver contRes= getContentResolver();
                contRes.insert(People.CONTENT_URI, values);
      }
}

I find that when I minimise my app at runtime in the emulator and open
the contacts app, the new contact : "John Mogambo" has been added to
"Favourites" list alone. It doesnt figure in the main list of
contacts.

I would be grateful if somebody could point out whats missing in my
code.

Thanks,
Kowshik