On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Dave Feltenberger
<dave.feltenber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?  What permissions do I need other than to
> record audio and video?

I haven't done anything with video recording in Android, but looking
at the built-in Camera app source code...

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/packages/apps/Camera.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/donut-release;hb=donut-release

It looks like you need android.permission.CAMERA,
android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO, and possibly
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE as well. Also, take a look
at VideoCamera.java, as there is a lot of stuff happening in the
initializeRecorder() and startVideoRecording() methods.