Check out LinearGradient and RadialGradient.  You can define gradient
drawables directly instead of using a PNG for that.  The result is a
much nicer, consistent gradient.  Use that for the RelativeLayout's
background and layer images on top of it within the RelativeLayout.

http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/reference/android/graphics/LinearGradient.html