If you could be more persice about what you want to do, that would
help pinpoint a better solution.

You can try doing a toast...
Toast.makeToast("notification string", Toast.SHORT).show();
My syntax might be off, but look up Toast

Or are you wanting something in the notification bar at the top of the
screen?

Happy Coding
-Kitzy