Mitch wrote:
> I'm not sure what the options are, which is the basis of my
> question.
>
> I have some code that is general (geometry calculations, Android UI
> helpers, ... etc).  I would like to have multiple applications have
> access to the same code.  I don't need this done at runtime, but I do
> know that is an option.  I would like to start with sharing the source
> and then move to sharing the compiled code (.class?).  I don't know
> how to set up the project to do this.  I guessed by creating a new
> Java Project and leaving off the Activity, which worked as far as the
> Eclipse environment was concerned (no warnings, errors, etc), but when
> it runs, it's ugly and unhelpful as to what's wrong.  Even debugging
> doesn't help.
>
> I assume there's a model here for sharing code.  Source sharing,
> compiled code sharing, runtime sharing, ...  I simply don't know what
> the options are for sharing.

You need to create a project that creates a JAR file as its target, then
use that JAR file in other projects. I am sure there is some magic
incantation, probably involving pentagrams drawn in chicken blood, to
get Eclipse to do that. :-) Outside of Eclipse, using Ant, it's about a
15 second operation once you have the pattern in hand.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training