Mitch wrote:
> Yes, tried to find calls in the NotePad, but none existed that I could
> find that did the call simply.

http://developer.android.com/resources/tutorials/notepad/notepad-ex2.html

See Step 4:

Intent i = new Intent(this, NoteEdit.class);

> 1 full example of one direct invoke of an activity.  Nothing extra.

You already have one. It's in the code you posted. I will say it again:

Use adb logcat, DDMS, or the DDMS perspective in Eclipse to look at the
Java stack trace associated with this dialog. That will tell you what is
going wrong. Most likely, there is a problem in your second Activity.

> So, I need to add the next activity I'm trying to call to my current
> activity's manifest?

Activities don't have manifests, projects do. Activities have manifest
entries (i.e., <activity> elements). Every activity you wish to start
needs to be listed in there. For example:

http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-andtutorials/blob/master/12-Activities/LunchList/AndroidManifest.xml

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_
Version 1.3 Available!