No problem Bob.  Let me know if you are able to open an RFCOMM socket
it never worked for me.  I checked the Amarino source code, and it
looks like I am doing basically the same thing that they are, but for
some reason they can get it open and I can't.  So for now I've
modified my app to use a broadcast receiver to receive data from the
amarino like the examples.  Though I don't have my Bluetooth antenna
hooked up to an Arduino, it's hooked up to a Blackfin DSP, so
hopefully there is nothing about Amarino that actually requires the
thing on the other end of the UART to be an Arduino.  Looking through
the source I can't find anything that would limit it like that, but
I'll see.