Thanks a lot for the reply ~Treking. I think I have put some time intensive
work in the main UI. I was trying to use handlers/threads at the main UI
instead. However, this is not working out. I am not very sure why. This is
what I did --

   - inside onCreate:

       - - - - - - - .................................
Thread thread = new Thread(this);
        thread.start();
       - - - - - - - .................................

   - inside run() (1 line only)

handler.sendEmptyMessage(0);

   - inside private Handler handler = new Handler() {         @Override
      public void handleMessage(Message msg)

everything I was doing - downloading the JSON file, parsing it, using its
information to overlay google map !

Please suggest me a way. I think I am not doing things the right way :(...
(since the threaded thing is not working out fine :(....)

Thanks.

Regards,
Ahsan, CSE-04
Md. Ahsanur Rashid