Is there a way to programatically search the files scanned by the
MediaScanner?

I see that you can only connect to it to let it know about new files
it should scan.

I thought I could use SearchManager, but I don't want to trigger the
user interface I need to do something else with the search results.

I'd like to have something like this:

List<SearchFilter> searchFilters;

List<File> results = SearchIndex.search(keyword, searchFilters);

or at least be able to iterate through all the scanned files,
otherwise I'll have to scan myself and that's not the best idea.

I've been looking at MediaStore and subclasses, but I see no search or
iterative methods there (just a stupid keyFor(String  name) method).
I'd also like to be able to iterate through all the files that have
been scanned.

Can anybody point me to something similar. How can I get a hold of
what MediaScanner has indexed, I need to iterate or search through
those files.