Sorry, I know this is a rookie question and probably been asked
before, but I did not find an answer doing searches.

I have created a SqlLite database and copied it to my projects Assets
driectory.  It shows up in Eclipse package explorer.  There are two
files   AndroidDbXXX and XXXDB.  Not sure why, but I assume both were
created by SqlLiteStudio.

In my dbHelper class I have the following (XXX is the project Name)
    private static String DB_PATH = "/data/data/com.site.XXX/
databases/";
    private static String DB_NAME = "XXXDB";

My open of the database fails (unable to open database) and I think
its because its not finding it.

Im confused.
    Do I need to make a databases directory in assets and put my files
there?
    Or am I just getting the db path incorrect?
    Or something else like I put the files in the wrong place?
    Or sounds like I did the right things, must be something else?

One last possiblility... the package name is
       package com.site.XXX;
But the Project name has a space as in X XX.
Is it possible that I need the space in the DB_Path?
      just tried it with the space..didnt help.  Still, dont know
which is correct.