Karthik Ravi Shankar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use SurfaceView for an app. But I need to add buttons the
> canvas as well. Not able to gather much from Android.developer site. Can
> anybody post if they have done it or have some ideas ?

Step #1: Define a RelativeLayout.

Step #2: Put the SurfaceView as a child of the RelativeLayout.

Step #3: Put the Button as a *later* child of the RelativeLayout.

This will cause the Button to appear to "float" on the SurfaceView. See
this project for an example:

http://github.com/commonsguy/vidtry

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)