BobG wrote:
> If I get the drift of the answers, its that Android Beginners can't
> make the mistake of asking a question in the Android Beginner's forum
> if it is a General Java question that could be answered from memory by
> an experienced java programmer, but not necessarily by a beginner?
> Tough Forum.

That is why I recommend people ask their questions on StackOverflow:

-- It is better designed for monitoring serious volumes of questions
(e.g., color coding for questions lacking answers)

-- Tagging allows cross-posting to be natural and humane, so a question
that might be Android and might be Java could be tagged for both, and
might get answers from either support group

-- There is a stronger culture around what is and is not a reasonable
question, plus means to flag unreasonable answers

The vast majority of Android questions on StackOverflow get at least one
answer -- I'm dubious whether this list gets anywhere near that response
rate.

Links to StackOverflow, particularly the questions tagged for Android,
appear at the bottom of every post on this list, so developers cannot
complain that they are unaware of the option.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android App Developer Books: http://commonsware.com/books