On Apr 26, 2010, at 15:21, TreKing wrote:
Isn't the current style mostly 2D?

Well, yeah, I guess it mostly it. It's somewhat 3D though, and there's a recommended projection into a 3D space.

My advice: go with whatever you have, want, or can make and don't stress about the recommended style. The standard icons changed drastically from 1.5 / 1.6 to 2.0 / 2.1, so, assuming you're supporting all of those platforms, you're icon is not going to match one them anyway. Plus the style is likely to change yet again in the future so whatever choice you make now will be invalidated then anyway.

Okay. Good point. I'll take a broader look at the recommendations for 1.5/1.6/2.1. I know I was looking at the page at developer.android.com that describes app icon ( and other icon) design, and it had specific recomendations regarding angles and perspective. I know it's not mandatory, but I was trying to "be good". :-)

  Thanks for the advice.

            - Chris