And you are going to have the same problem for MENU_QUIT as well.

public class HelloAndroid extends Activity
{
    private static final int MENU_NEW_GAME = 0;
    private static final int MENU_QUIT = 1;

    //.... other stuff for the class
}

There are only 10 types of people in the world...
Those who know binary and those who don't.