Hi

I am trying to develop new cts testcases. After I ran those testcases
by adding them in CTS,
I got the below error.

Permission Denial: starting  instrumentation
ComponentInfo{com.android.cts.performance4/
android.test.InstrumentationTestRunner}
from pid=6365, uid=6365 not allowed because package
com.android.cts.performance4  does not have a signature matching the
target com.android.mms

I thought it is something related to signing the newly developed test
apks.

I have the below queries related to signing the cts test apks. I would
be grateful if any one can clear these doubts.

1.      What kind of signing should be followed to sign  cts test apks if
they have to be build in ubuntu linux.
2.      Do we need to get signed our certificate from any Certification
authority
3.      Since CTS test apks test other applications, do they need to be
signed with same certificate [used to sign android applications
present in the phone]. If yes , then is it required to specify that
private key in Android manifest file

Thanks,
Pradeep