Hi --

Thanks for replying.   I also have a logging printout in the
onStartCommand() method, and that does show as being called.
If onStartCommand() is called, doesn't that mean my startService()
from my Activity has indeed started my IntentService?

Who ultimately calls onHandleIntent()?  That's what I cannot figure
out from the docs.

Betty