That was completely uncalled for and even completely unjustifiable.
Why, your own response is more like that of "a petulant child" than
any thing DonFrench said.

After all Don French gave an excellent list of reasons why it is
better to view DDMS LogCat output in Eclipse rather than running it
standalone. What is more, he showed very much the opposite of the
petulance you so unfairly accuse him of by patiently detailing all
these advantages of viewing in Eclipse.

Real software professionals recognize your "fix it yourself" as the
real petulance, since real software engineers understand that such
bugs should be fixed by the person(s) most familiar with that part of
the code. "Code diving" is all too often a terrible waste of a good
engineer's time. Worse yet, it often causes other bugs down the road,
because the 'diver' did not understand the code well enough. This is
WHY it should be fixed by the person(s) most familiar with the
relevant code, not by anyone who feels the need for the fix.

Personally, I hope Google's team will find the time to fix it
relatively soon, but I am not going to sweat it if they don't. But I
will join Don in saying that it would be a valuable fix, it is likely
being given too low a priority -- as often happens even in the best-
run projects.

Finally, if the Google team does recognize this as a bug, how do we
find it in the bug database? Some of us would like to vote for it;)