I've gotten the MediaPlayer to work with the create() on a resource.
I'm trying to get it to work with a file in the assets folder.  I've
tried all sorts of combinations with the setDataSource() method, but I
keep getting errors.

Here's one of my error traces:

E/PlayerDriver(   31): Command PLAYER_SET_DATA_SOURCE completed with
an error or info PVMFErrNotSupported
E/MediaPlayer( 1550): error (1, -4)
E/com.appsgrl.xxx.playerserv...@43d251f0( 1550): IOException on
setDataSource:Prepare failed.: status=0x1
W/PlayerDriver(   31): PVMFInfoErrorHandlingComplete
E/MediaPlayer( 1550): start called in state 0
E/MediaPlayer( 1550): error (-38, 0)

I was trying to do the following:  (I did not show the try/catch
stuff)

         MediaPlayer mp = new MediaPlayer();
         FileDescriptor sfd =
getAssets().openFd("abc.wav").getFileDescriptor();

         mp.setDataSource(sfd);
         mp.prepare();
         mp.start()

Does anyone have a simple example of how to play something from the
asses folder?

Thanks