Have you read through the entire Dev Guide?  Before I wrote a thing I read
every page of the Dev Guide... After that I followed the Hello World
Tutorial.  After reading and coding (not just copy/paste) the tutorial, I
started adding things to it, one at a time.

I believe that is the best way to start out with something new...  Keep the
big picture in mind with what you want to do, but break it down into little
steps first.

As an example, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't start with trying to code
a program that would contain a list activity that would display a second one
when an item is clicked...  I would start with creating a listview that does
nothing when it is clicked.  After that is working I would then add code
that would do nothing more than display a message when an item in the
listview is clicked.  After that is working I would then work on creating a
second listview and getting that to display when an item in the first
listview is clicked.

When you break it down into smaller steps you can more easily accomplish the
end goal in mind.  And don't be afraid to search this group, stackoverflow,
or google for answers to your questions.  Chances are usually pretty good
that someone, somewhere, had a similar question and it has already been
answered.

Hope that helps and happy coding,
Justin
There are only 10 types of people in the world...
Those who know binary and those who don't.