hello,

I would like to know if it is possible technically to  make a very spécific application.

the context:

medical call center (SOS Médecin)
we have to send the adress of the visit to the doctor's pda

we use the push mail with different subject (message, visite emergency 0, emergency 1, emergency2....) and an URL in the message

the push mail server is a zimbra system

the problem:

the notification sound is unique for all the notifications so the doctor don't know what's up until the browser refresh (and he need to get the pda, unlock it, tap it for the refresh, wait, read. During the medical examination it is a pain and very unconvenient for often a very non urgent message.

the question:

is it possible to make a software to read the incoming mail, read the subject and play a sound fonction of the characters string
the sound must be different and customisable.

And I would like to know the price for a developper to do this kind of application and who could do it

I think if the systeme could do the same in function of the sender it could be useful to a lot of people for professionnal use

by the way if somebody knows why all the notifications get the same sound, I think it is silly to have the same sound for mail, sms.....
but may be there is an explication

thank you

--
JF Pion

"If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign ? "
                                             Albert Einstein