Think of "this" as a reference (ie, pointer) variable, no different
than "refForMyObject".  It's just a shorthand for the reference
variable that is used to reference the object you're currently "in".
There are a few cases where the Java compiler special-cases its use,
but still the meaning "reference variable to the current object" is
consistent in all cases.