Sorry... hopefully someone else can help.

I don't have any experience with trying to do anything like this.  Sounds
like you might want something like the zoom in/out buttons on the default
Android Browser though...

You may want to look into downloading the Android source and seeing if you
can glean anything from the browser code, assuming that is not closed
source.

There are only 10 types of people in the world...
Those who know binary and those who don't.